1. “Grief never ends…but it changes. It’s a passage. Not a place to stay. Grief is not a sign of weakness. Nor a lack of faith…It is the price of love.”
2. “There’s a sacredness in tears. They aren’t the mark of weak point, however of energy. They communicate extra eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They’re the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love.
3. “Grief is in two elements. The primary is the loss. The second is the remaking of life.
4. “Grief is the value we pay for love.
Queen Elizabeth II
5. “There isn’t any grief just like the grief that doesn’t communicate.
6. “There isn’t any ache so nice because the reminiscence of pleasure in current grief.
7. “Mourning just isn’t forgetting… It’s an undoing. Each minute tie needs to be untied and one thing everlasting and useful recovered and assimilated from the mud. The top is achieve, in fact. Blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be made sturdy, in truth. However the course of is like all different human births, painful and lengthy and harmful.
8. “Deep grief generally is sort of like a particular location, a coordinate on a map of time. When you find yourself standing in that forest of sorrow, you can not think about that you may ever discover your approach to a greater place. But when somebody can guarantee you that they themselves have stood in that very same place, and now have moved on, generally this can carry hope.
9. “Grieving, like being blind, is a wierd enterprise; you need to discover ways to do it. We search firm in mourning, however after the early bursts of tears, after the praises have been spoken, and the nice days remembered, and the lament cried, and the grave closed, there isn’t any firm in grief. It’s a burden borne alone.
Ursula Ok. Le Guin
10. “Grief just isn’t as heavy as guilt, but it surely takes extra away from you.
“That was the arduous factor about grief and the grieving. They spoke one other language, and the phrases we knew at all times fell wanting what we wished them to say.
11. Sarah Dessen
“In instances of grief and sorrow, I’ll maintain you and rock you and take your grief and make it my very own. While you cry I cry and while you harm I harm. And collectively we are going to attempt to maintain again the floods to tears and despair and make it by means of the potholed road of life
12. “All issues develop with time — besides grief.
13. “Grief just isn’t a dysfunction, a illness or an indication of weak point. It’s an emotional, bodily and religious necessity, the value you pay for love. The one treatment for grief is to grieve.
14. “Solely people who find themselves able to loving strongly may also undergo nice sorrow, however this identical necessity of loving serves to counteract their grief and heals them.
15. “They are saying time heals all wounds, however that presumes the supply of the grief is finite.
16. “Grief is gentle that’s able to counsel.
17. “One usually calms one’s grief by recounting it.
18. “Tears are the silent language of grief.
19. “Grief makes one hour ten.
20. “All of us wish to do one thing to mitigate the ache of loss or to show grief into one thing optimistic, to discover a silver lining within the clouds. However I imagine there may be actual worth in simply standing there, being nonetheless, being unhappy.
21. “However grieving persons are egocentric. They received’t allow you to consolation them and so they say you don’t perceive and so they make you are feeling ineffective when all of your life you’ve been purposeful to them.
22. “It’s true that the grief journey may be very lonely, however additionally it is as much as you to determine simply how lonely you’ll make it.
23. “To spare oneself from grief in any respect value will be achieved solely on the value of whole detachment, which excludes the power to expertise happiness.
24. “Whereas grief is contemporary, each try to divert solely irritates. You need to wait until it’s digested, after which amusement will dissipate the stays of it.
25. “Grief generally is a backyard of compassion. When you maintain your coronary heart open by means of all the things, your ache can develop into the best ally in your life’s seek for love and knowledge.